Us

Us

Monday, December 13, 2010

Disgustingly Perfect!


Unlike my mom, I LOVE to decorate! I loved “setting up home” when Matthew and I got married, and I anxiously looked forward to holiday decorations- specially fall and Christmas. The first Christmas Matthew and I spent together as a married couple, I decided that I wanted to make all of my tree ornaments. (Even though I was working almost fulltime, and attending college fulltime). I got all of my big ideas from a Gooseberry book that my Gram had given me. My theme was snow. My tree was decorated with white lights, a snowflake garland, big snowflakes, little snowflakes, blue and cream colored mittens (which I had made), blue, white, and silver balls, and white cotton as snow. I found a snowman tree topper, and a snowman tree skirt. Believe it or not- all of the snowflake ornaments came from the dollar tree!
On Christmas day we hosted a brunch, and my entire family came down. It was later on in the day, after eating and opening gifts, my mom was just staring at my Christmas tree. With pride, adoration, envy, and dislike, she sighed and said: “Your tree is disgustingly perfect!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment