Us

Us

Monday, December 13, 2010

Apples, Apples, Apples....


Apples, apples, apples….
The other Sunday we had over the Pastor and his wife for lunch after church. I made a simple meal of pot roast and noodles, green beans (for the boys), and lima beans (for the girls). I didn’t have anything planned for dessert, so while we were enjoying lunch, my mind was racing as to what I could serve. I quickly went through a list of ideas, (in my mind) most of which would take too long to make, or I didn’t have the right ingredients. I was beginning admit defeat when I remembered the very large pile of apples that I had brought back from PA just the weekend before. My mind was working fast. Apples, apples, apples… apple crisp, no, too much work. Apples, apples, apples… Apple pie? Way too much work! Apples, apples, apples… If I had only made that applesauce! Apples, apples, apple… hmm….apples and caramel dip? No caramel dip…. dip… Could I make a dip? Probably… what would I need? I quickly looked through a cookbook. Nothing. I got online. Found some recipes, got some ideas, and threw some stuff together, and yum! What a hit! (Well with everyone except Matt… but that is just typical Matt).  You know what the best thing about this dip is? It is actually pretty healthy! Who needs recipes anyway?


But for those of you who do… here it is!

Apple Dip

¼ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup plain yogurt
1 or 2 tbs brown sugar
dash or two of pumpkin pie spice
4 large eating apples (I suggest Granny Smith, but they are really tart…  and some people are not a fan!)


Mix all of the ingredients, minus the apples in a small bowl with a spoon. Core and slice apples. Serve . Dip apples in dip. Eat. Chew. Swallow. Yum.   

No comments:

Post a Comment